Friday, June 13, 2008

Back from the Cotswolds

Last week I spent a busy 2 days wandering around Washington, having arrived just when Obama had gained a unassailable lead in the Democratic primaries. It was a hot, then stormy two days of wandering around doing lots of meetings. However, I also had time to catch up with a couple of old friends; Steph who works at the IMF and Robbo who works for the Irish Broadcaster RTE (http://www.rte.ie/news/features/shortttake/). I landed back on the Friday and then we were off to the Cotswolds on the Saturday, to spend 3 nights at the lovely Calcot Manor. We booked this place in February, so it was a long wait, but well worth it. With a creche on site and kids high-tea served later in the day, both George and Jennifer enjoyed their time there, as did mummy and daddy. I've posted some pictures here (http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/52763447). At nearly 3 years, George is certainly growing up in so many ways and his genuine affection towards Jennifer is always touching to see. She loves interacting with him and I can see can't wait until she can crawl and talk and take part in things with him. I am now pretty much recovered from falling off my motorbike 5 weeks ago and I am looking to sell it, along with my car, which used to be Sharon's car. Quite what I will buy instead of all that I'm not quite sure. Anyway, looking forward to a weekend at home before going to Gothenberg this coming week for a couple of days. Last time I was there it was all snow, so will be nice to see it in the Swedish summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home