Sunday, January 15, 2006

Back to life and reality


Back from a week on the Norfolk Coast, staying in Wells-next-the-Sea. I love going on holiday this time of year; no crowds. The only downside is that sometimes things are shut you wish were open, so no steam train rides. It was great for me, as I don't really know that part of the country. Lots of the houses are made from pebbles from the sea, which is quite unique to that area. I'm sure it's got a special name. We also purchased our first piece of contemporary art, to fill one of the walls in our lounge. It's a modern seascape by Meg Foster. Apparently, the Bank of England recently purchased 4 of her pieces, so let's hope their art investment is better than their growth forecasts (lame economist joke there). Finally, my string quartet website is up and running. I'm fairly pleased with the look. It's the graphics that take the most time and effort. Next on the list is to do an update for Gordon's site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home